Can I see an agenda for the convention?
Yes, you can see a draft agenda for the week here.
What is the weather like in Queenstown in September?
It is likely to be an average of 8°C with lows of -5°C. So bring gear to rug up!
What should I wear?
Smart casual for dinners and keynote sessions. The main thing is to be warm and comfortable. Dress in multiple layers for inside/outside transitions and make sure you pack your thermals, warm socks, scarf, gloves and beanie!
Will there still be snow at the ski fields at the end of September?
Real snow? That depends on the season and the mountain. Most mountains remain open for skiing til the end of September or the beginning of October.
Where do I buy ski lift passes?
Buy ski lift passes here. Lift passes, lessons and ski rental purchased online can be redeemed on any day during the ski season but do not need to be used consecutively.
When are the ski slopes open each day?
The two closest ski fields are Coronet Peak and The Remarkables:
- Coronet Peak (20min drive): open 8am-5pm daily, with night skiing until 9pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
- The Remarkables (35 min drive): open 9am-4pm daily.
The other two ski fields are:
- Cardrona (60min drive): 9am-4pm daily
- Treble Cone (90min drive): 9am-4pm daily
How do I get to the snow from the hotel?
- Buses leave every 20min from Queenstown (850m walk) between 8:00am and 11:30am to Coronet Peak and The Remarkables for approx $20pp return. They return from 1:30pm as buses fill.
- Alternatively you can reserve a bus seat (before 7:00pm the night before) for morning pickup from a nearby hotel for approx $30pp return.
- Friday/Saturday night buses leave Queenstown for Coronet Peak at 4pm, 5pm, 6pm, 7pm for approx $30pp return.
- You could also hire a car and some chains and drive to the slopes. See hire rates here.
Are there other activities to do in Queenstown?
YES! There are heaps of great activities. We'll be coordinating a few optional ones as a group, but you might like to go on your own adventure. Search things to do here.
When do I need to arrive to make the first conference session?
Our first gathering will be early Tuesday evening, so we'd suggest you check into the hotel mid afternoon so you have some time to relax and get a feel for Queenstown.
When should I book my flights?
Book your flights now!
How do I get from the Airport to The Rees Accomodation?
It's a 7min taxi ride from the airport to The Rees. Airport shuttles are also available to book online.
Does my room have kitchen facilities?
If you choose the hotel room package then your room will have standard hotel tea and coffee making facilities.
If you choose an apartment package then you will have a fully equipped kitchen in your apartment. There is also an award winning restaurant onsite if you wish to dine there at your own expense.
Does the hotel have wifi?
Yes. Complimentary internet is available wirelessly or via cable broadband up to 500MB per day.